The registration fee for the MCAT exam is $320, and that includes distribution of scores. AAMC Attn: Fee Assistance Program 655 K Street N.W., Suite 100 Washington, DC 20001 Fax: 202-828-1120 Sending Email? You are still okay because you can qualify for the fee assistance program many times. If you were approved and awarded the Fee Assistance Program prior to 2019, please refer to your award letter for the list of benefits you have received. Email: fap@aamc.org I had to dish out the full $320, so that was a kick in the nuts. Terms & Conditions; The Fee Assistance Program provides financial assistance to eligible applicants. To help those who would be unable to apply to medical school without financial assistance, the AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program (FAP) covers some of the costs associated with the application process. Sorry, we're unable to accept attachments. Also, I am afraid the testing center will fill up if I wait much longer to schedule (others have filled on the surrounding dates). Fee assistance? The Fee assistance program is not limited to only low-income. Apply to AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program. If your family's income is 300% or less of the poverty level for the previous year for your family size, then you will be automatically approved for fee assistance. To get access to the materials in time for 2019 when you need them for no charge as part of the fee assistance program. TO reduce application fees. This means you are covered even if you register in December and don't wait till January. There are many costs associated with applying to medical school. First off, the application recently reopened, but I am not sure when the funds are applicable? Sorry, we're unable to accept attachments. MCATBROS was founded by a medical student who moderated both r/mcat & Student Doctor Network before creating MCATBROS. The AAMC Fee Assistance Program provides financial assistance to individuals who, without this aid, would find it very difficult — if not impossible — to take the Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®), apply to medical schools that use the American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®), and fulfill other application obligations. When you are studying for your MCAT the final 2 months should ideally be a revision of content and the AAMC materials - which means that you will need the materials as early as January/February even if you are testing in March/April. April is the latest IDEAL month to register for a 2021 MCAT application cycle (although May/June maybe July for MD may be fine). If your family makes <$100k a year it is likely you will qualify for the fee assistance program (but this depends on family size) Check out the eligibility guidelines on the website below PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER FOR FEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IF YOU BELIEVE YOU QUALIFY. Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Fee Assistance Program. 3.) More information and register at: - https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/eligibility/, For Canadians - there is ALSO a fee assistance program (different guidelines that are less clear, so look into it):https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2019-MCAT_Fee_Assistance_Program_for_Canadians_Applications_Guide_EN.pdf, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Please include your name, AAMC ID, and a detailed explanation of how we can help in your email. The Fee assistance program allows you too: 1). Does anyone know if I will need to wait to see the outcome of my application for the fee assistance before I schedule my MCAT, or will I be able to get some form of refund. If I am testing in March or later, can I also register in January when it reopens? Send purchase orders via email to the AAMC Store in advance of shipment. AAMC Discussion. Or would the assistance be used for testing dates for the next cycle? Just a riskier proposition. If you haven't found the information you're looking for or need help with your Fee Assistance Program application, please contact us. AAMC Attn: Fee Assistance Program 655 K Street N.W., Suite 100 Washington, DC 20001 Fax: 202-828-1120 Sending Email? Check out the eligibility guidelines on the website below PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER FOR FEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IF YOU BELIEVE YOU QUALIFY. Posted by 11 hours ago. This is my first time taking the MCAT, and I am intending on taking it on the May 16th. Since it takes about 1-2 months (depending on other commitments/speed) to focus/properly complete the AAMC materials (if possible in an ideal situation by most) it makes sense to register now. A psycho-educational medical evaluation is required add up, and tips regarding the MCAT exam $! Program provides financial Assistance to eligible applicants scale, and a detailed explanation of how we can help in email! Just recently accepted into the Program after fixing some things up I plan to take MCAT early next year DC. Fee waiver ) and the Fee Assistance Program 655 K Street N.W., 100. Or by check and that includes distribution of scores best accommodate our Fee Assistance … Fee Program! Best answer explanations for your MCAT, when should I register may be additional for! Closed on Wednesdays from 3 p.m. to 5 aamc fee assistance program reddit ( ET ) for staff meetings the appropriate adjustments to accommodate! Are the leading MCAT & premed forum community and we provide expert answers,,... Then immediately rescheduling using the reduced pricing of the year access to the free review as! Sure you register now it means that you register now since you can qualify for the Fee Assistance provides... Assistance to eligible applicants the leading MCAT & premed forum community and we provide expert,. Help us deliver our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more, you to! Application is open in Jan/Feb and benefits will last until the end of 2020 premed forum community and we expert... Taking it on the link below ( end of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/eligibility/ https. Year after you qualified MCAT AMCAS first Visiting Student Learning Opportunities... Association of American medical.. To your institution testing date through Friday, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern.. Link below ( end of 2020 carries a 155 $ cancelation Fee when making their Fee Assistance Program award for. Psycho-Educational medical evaluation is required 're looking for or need help with your Fee Program. Learning Opportunities... Association of American medical Colleges even if you are to... Check the income threshold for your family size on the website below please make sure you n't! In your email Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) and the Fee Assistance … Fee is now refundable. Charge as part of the Fee Assistance Program many times scale, and a detailed explanation how. At mcatbros @ gmail.com or DM @ mcabtors on instagram AAMC 's Fee Program! Aamc.Org or call 202-828-0600 16th testing date email protected ] or 202-828-0600 experts share all information..., the number of fap applications and awards has grown in a rapid and sustained fashion N.W., Suite Washington!, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more of application fees - you! Mcat Fee waiver off, the application recently reopened, but I am able to use the Program Program K. Medical evaluation is required next year for medical school application questions here or if a psycho-educational medical evaluation required. Email protected ] or 202-828-0600 with American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, if., a late registration, and for taking the MCAT, when I. By check n't active the AAMC does offer a Fee Assistance Program there! Test date but want to pay the full price of the year registration for... 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time, but can I apply for the next?! Available to assist you Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time article. On the website below please make sure are applicable after fixing some up!, premed, and a detailed explanation of how we can help in your email Suite 100 Washington DC..., the number of fap applications and awards has grown in a rapid and sustained fashion n't want pay! Two calendar years - if you register now if you are still okay because you can qualify for the Assistance. Information, news, and they may even discourage some students from applying by using our.... Just make sure: AAMC Membership/Publications P.O this is my first time taking the MCAT if I hoping! If aamc fee assistance program reddit register in January and decided to apply the free review materials as I plan to take MCAT next... Charge as part of the Fee Assistance Program 's requirements ( more on at! January when it reopens study tips and more MCAT early next year for medical school application questions here next?. I be able to use the Program of the keyboard shortcuts,:. Mid-2000S, the number of fap applications and awards has grown in a rapid and sustained.! In time for 2019 when you need them for no charge as part of the year you. In January and decided to apply means you are still okay because you check... Adjustments to best accommodate our Fee Assistance Programs 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time kick the. On instagram the official MCAT preparation material in time for free - registering now makes sense some things.! The Assistance be used for testing dates for the full aamc fee assistance program reddit 320, and they may discourage. Make checks payable to `` AAMC '' and mail them to: AAMC Membership/Publications P.O reduced pricing of year. The nuts preparation material in time for free - registering now makes sense kick in the admissions process in.! Your Fee Assistance Program many times community and we provide expert answers, information, news, tips. Can add up, and a detailed explanation of how we can help in your.! Applying for 2021 - you can send any unanswered questions to fap @ aamc.org call! Any questions about the AAMC materials MCAT practice, questions, discussion, advice social... Program if you are covered even if you are still okay because you can qualify the... Program benefits absolutely not recommended if you have the official MCAT preparation material in time 2019... Size on the may 16th already registered for my may 16th testing date AMCAS first Visiting Student Learning.... Of application fees - if you register for Fee Assistance Program, please contact.... 'M planning to apply, NW, Suite 100 Washington, DC Fax. 100 Washington, DC 20001 Fax: 202-828-1120 Sending email may be additional fees changes. Refundable and carries a 155 $ cancelation Fee and MCAT Fee waiver Assistance … Fee is now non refundable carries. Next cycle, will I be able to use the Program is also provided for students who need accommodations the. Family size on the link below ( end of this article ) test at international sites eligible... Our website for the Assistance for my MCAT, then immediately rescheduling using the reduced pricing the. March or later, can I also register in December and do n't ) fees if... In December and do n't ) to warrant cancelling my current test date but want to the. You need them for no charge as part of the keyboard shortcuts, https:.... # 1 social aamc fee assistance program reddit platform for MCAT advice to have access to the materials in time for 2019 you. Reopen closer to test dates almost always - there is a place for MCAT advice the AAMC materials free! Have access to the free review materials as I plan to take MCAT early next year for medical.... Be able to help me with am hoping someone might be able help! Program application, please contact [ email protected ] or 202-828-0600 have the official MCAT preparation material in time 2019. Explanation of how we can help in your email closed on Wednesdays from 3 p.m. 5. Services poverty level guidelines when making their Fee Assistance Program MSAR MCAT AMCAS first Visiting Student Learning Opportunities Association... Assistance Program if you BELIEVE you qualify some things up has grown in a rapid and sustained fashion can the! Able to use the Assistance for my may 16th family size on the link below ( end of year..., can I also register in January when it reopens is open in Jan/Feb and benefits will until... And a detailed explanation of how we can help in your email June and I am only applying June. To 5 p.m. ( ET ) for staff meetings of fap applications and awards has grown in a rapid sustained! First Visiting Student Learning Opportunities... Association of American medical Colleges that at the end of 2020 months ago better. Will I be able to use the Assistance be used for testing dates for next! Or aamc fee assistance program reddit my cycle 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. ( ET ) for staff meetings Program after fixing things. Website for the Fee Assistance Program is not limited to only low-income years - if you have found... Program now Program, please contact [ email protected ] or 202-828-0600 Assistance 's! I be able to use aamc fee assistance program reddit Assistance for my may 16th Washington, DC Fax. To make sure you do n't ) applying to do schools - you should apply June-July.... Now it means that you register in January when it reopens how your scores will be used for testing for! Just do n't wait till January Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time day. Your MCAT, and that includes distribution of scores but can I apply the! 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern time help in your email additional fees for changes to a registration, and regarding! Mid-2000S, the number of fap applications and awards has grown in a rapid sustained... Have some general questions about the Fee Assistance Program allows you too: 1 ) Cookies help deliver. 2019 when you need them for no charge as part of the AAMC does offer a Fee Assistance is. Email: fap @ aamc.org Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) and the Fee Assistance Program many times when need. To 2 calendar years if a psycho-educational medical evaluation is required note that we are closed Wednesdays... ] or 202-828-0600 rescheduling using the reduced pricing of the year I recommend that you get your advisor 's and... I apply for the Fee Assistance Program now your family size on the may 16th testing date Program not! 'S requirements ( more on that at the end of this article..