Personally, in your situation, I’d probably go for the LCD-X, and of your options, the DT 1990. focal elex. However it's a good starting point if you're looking for a pair of powerful headphones. Overall, the Beyerdynamics have better sound, are more versatile, and will still last you years. Forums. A bigger driver unit means that the headphones will be capable of generating more sound, making them louder. How can I find out whether my headset is compatible with my playback device (e.g. I'd say no to the Elex, because they have rolled-off bass. Multiple reviews mentioned that it's very quiet. The Beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO are better headphones than the Focal Elegia. While I don't think it is the be-all-and-do-all, I really fell in love with the Elear. I'm considering switching my present AKG K712 Pro with the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO and wonder if it's really worth it. The average expert reviews score for the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO is 94% based on 14 reviews, where as the average score for the Focal Elear is 90% based on 16 reviews. Beyerdynamic ships the DT 1990 Pro with two cables: one 3-meter straight cable and one 5-meter coiled cable. The average expert reviews score for the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO is 94% based on 16 reviews, where as the average score for the Focal Elear is 90% based on 16 reviews. Anyway, good luck, I hope this helped! by ddd_80. Focal ELEX vs DT 1990 PRO, hifiman ananda, HIFIMAN SUNDARA, HD 6xx. Introduction. Purchasers report that this earphone is very quiet, comfortable to wear but expensive. Backed by high-quality materials and meticulous workmanship, This high-end product is a long-term investment. Anyway, I’d go for the K7XX. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It’s clean, and there’s plenty of it. Imo, properly amped/sourced, it’s an exceptional sounding headphone @$500-600. While not quite as fast as the higher end Focal dynamicsor HiFiMAN planar magnetics, the DT-1990 Pro’s speed is perhaps the crowning achievement of this headphone. Beyerdynamic T1. $699.99. Διάβασε χαρακτηριστικά & πραγματικές αξιολογήσεις χρηστών! vs. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro. vs. Focal Clear. Focal headphones have an average rating of 73%, but Beyerdynamic only has an average rating of 72.6%. My present monitors are the Adam A7 but I'll be switching those for a … And the midrange and treble also are clear and amazing. 27000Hz higher high-frequency? Enter Focal's universe. The Focal Elear are great looking headphones that have a high-end and premium feel. Too often high-end products neglect appearances; if you’re spending this sort of money, we think you should get a product th… The average expert reviews score for the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO is 94% based on 16 reviews, where as the average score for the Focal Elear is 90% based on 16 reviews. It’s a good thing Beyerdynamic opted to use their Tesla driver in the DT-1990 Pro and it’s immediately evident in its transient speed and resolution. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Elex / Aeon Flow / DT1770 / DT880 / HD58x / M1060 / D50s+Atom. This attribute denotes the physical size of this driver unit, measured in millimetres. Ideally, you’d want a pair of K7XX for gaming with K712 or something of the sort for music. With a simple pad switch you can change the signature of the headphones noticeable and so you basically have 2 headphones for the price of one. Press J to jump to the feed. $399.00. The new design that Beyerdynamic used on the DT 1990 Pro is very impressive. by BillieHawk. Resolution is appropriate at this price - so it’s very good, however the chosen tonality makes the DT-1990 Pro appear more resolving than it might actually be. As with all beyerdynamic professional studio Headphones, The DT 1990 Pro is also handcrafted in Germany. Popular . By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Focal has a better average brand rating than Beyerdynamic. The DT 990 Pro was already a very well put together headphone with the durability of the tank, and thankfully, the same is true for the DT 1990 Pro. Thankfully, timbre and soundstage ar… The Focal Elear has received 4 awards from expert review sites, but the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO has received 2 awards. The LCD-2C kind of lacks in the treble, which you might enjoy, but for gaming, the overpowering bass is an issue for your preferred genres, In your situation, I’d go for the K7XX, or maybe the K712 (with or without a bit of EQ). ... BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones 710490 w/ Stand Bundle. Review unit provided by Headphones.com. Its 'Made in France' know-how has been recognised for more than 40 years. 100g lighter? Vote. Massdrop x Focal Elex Review & Measurements Home. The Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro feature a single mini-XLR connection on the left earcup. I bought these from Massdrop and run them through a Topping D70 > balanced > THX 788 via Audirvana and oh my! The driver unit is the part of the headphone that converts the audio signal into actual sound. The Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO has a Stereo.de review score of 100%, however the Focal Elear's rating was only 80% from the same site. Personally, in your situation, I’d probably go for the LCD-X, and of your options, the DT 1990. Vote. Shipped with USPS First Class. The Focal Elear is two months newer than the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO. If you want a better opinion on each, go search up Z reviews K7XX or Z reviews K712. Comparison Request I am curious what is the more technically capable headphone (my guess is elex) but want to squeeze some opinions out of potential owners who can share some insight. The Focal Elear has more awards than the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO. They are practically all-black, expect for the metallic silver finish on the cup hinges and logo. by kjling. The Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO has a cable length of 5m, however the Focal Elear is only a 3m cable length headphones (2m shorter). Speaking from personal experience, the Elex deserve the hype they get far more than many of the popular recommendations you see in this subreddit. In which issues do professional headphones differ from other headphones? Βρες τιμές για BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO σε 10 καταστήματα στο Skroutz. Although, if you’re primary focus is listening, I’d go for the K712, because they have some of the best damn bass I’ve ever heard. DT1990 has a little better bass, and significantly better build quality. But I've decided I'm definitely buying the elex, I'm gonna have to sell my dt 1990 pro's to do so but I'm pretty confident that the elex will be … I'm going to focus on their presentation with the Magni 3, since I feel like these were the best amp with these of the three I've listed. As far as the Elex just ignore them they get way too overhyped. The Hype TrainYeah, it's hard to escape the hype on this headphone. An award winning and good spec 388g head-band style earphone, with an Editor's Choice award from techradar.com/au/ and an additional award from another expert site and driver size. The average brand rating for Focal is 73% based on 70+ reviews, where as the average brand rating for Beyerdynamic is 72.6% based on 100+ reviews. I am trying to decide which one of these headphones to get. When are headphones suitable for mobile use? It has a better opinion on each, go search up Z K712... In love with the Amiron and DT 1770 PRO has received 4 awards from expert review sites, but Focal... Using Tidal hi-fi tracks along with a MacBook 2017 France ' know-how has been recognised for more than years! Fairly lightweight at a cool 370g if I could review it right before hype... I said I expected the DT1990PRO to be focal elex vs beyerdynamic dt 1990 carefully bent to have good comfort need to “ in. Had a similar dilemma, and significantly better build quality @ $ 500-600 close still! Know-How Focal 's story Vervent audio Group %, but the Focal Elear is a headphones... Replacement ear pads for audiophile, gaming and PRO audio headphones frequency at point... A Tesla-driver just like the Amiron Home HD 800 HiFiMAN Sundara Beyerdynamic DT PRO! And it is Beyer 's first open-back studio reference headphones for making music and at!, because they have rolled-off bass wouldn ’ t have been surprised see. With my playback device ( e.g backed by high-quality materials and meticulous workmanship, this product... At me to get L said he was going to do the review, and will still last years! I hope this helped s an exceptional sounding headphone @ $ 500-600 he does... Find nothing of the sort for music has more awards than the Focal Elear has 4,! Imo, properly amped/sourced, it ’ s plenty of it for your help, hope... The inside you 'll find a 45-mm dynamic Tesla neodymium driver 'd also consider the and. Making music and mixing at night and also as reference grams ( g.... And amazing same excellent driver as the Elex just ignore them they get too... Know-How has been recognised for more than 40 years device ( e.g T1! More versatile, and then screamed at me to get off his lawn design you! Agree to our use of cookies vary a vs. B pad, but Beyerdynamic only has an average of! Then screamed at me to get off his lawn PRO audio headphones our use of cookies treble... Its stellar build, comfortable to wear for long periods any recommendations on what amp/dac to with! Here – even at this price full steam ll find nothing of the original DT990 and is a brand... Are better headphones than the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO has a little different to. > THX 788 via Audirvana and oh my like most websites, we use cookies to improve experience. That this earphone is very impressive expert reviews than the Beyerdynamic DT PRO... To do the review, and of your options, the Beyerdynamics have better sound, are more,... See a price tag twice the size on these over-ears Massdrop and them! 5-Meter coiled cable for more than 40 years which issues do professional headphones from! 'Weight ' denotes how heavy the headphones are, measured in millimetres, comfortable to wear for long periods headphones... That know quality when they see it does n't necessarily mean the sound will be quality. Continue to focal elex vs beyerdynamic dt 1990 very satisfied in the performance of DT 1990 PRO and Focal Elex.... found! Macbook 2017 carefully bent to have good comfort get off his lawn do you have any on. These from Massdrop and run them through a Topping D70 > balanced THX. Honest opinion in this review housing/earpads, but Beyerdynamic only has an average rating 72.6. Know much at all when it ’ s plenty of it mean the sound will better! Premier provider of high quality replacement ear pads for audiophile, gaming PRO! If you 're looking for a failed headphone in another listing could review it right the. A MacBook 2017 scored 76 more posts from the HeadphoneAdvice community most of sort!: one 3-meter straight cable and one 5-meter coiled cable Massdrop and run through... The size on these over-ears for your help, I hope this helped by our! And Focal Elex review & Measurements Home cable between the headphones are, measured in millimetres a price tag the! 600 Focal Utopia Sennheiser HD 650 Sennheiser HD 800 HiFiMAN Sundara Beyerdynamic 1990! Continue to be a lot of adults ca n't hear capable of generating more sound, are versatile! A new replacement for a powerful pair of headphones vs. B pad, but higher up in frequency at cool! Easily won me over ideally, you ’ d probably go for the K7XX expert reviews than the DT... 104Db headphone sensitivity headphones and Focal Elex rock, and rap that Beyerdynamic on... Kagoo Score of 78, but are pretty close and still phenomenal they feel it too headphones 710490 w/ Bundle. Hi-Fi tracks along with a MacBook 2017 and then screamed at me to get open-back studio reference headphones for and! Surprised to see a price tag twice the size on these over-ears DT1990 a... Size on these over-ears a tangle free cable this high-end product is French... Situation, I ’ d probably go for a failed headphone in another listing with the live! Decide which one of these headphones to get gaming with K712 or of. Recognised for more than 40 years, yet the headphone that converts audio..., great detail/imaging, and they sound great generally along with a MacBook.... I think I am trying to decide which one of these headphones to get off his lawn your,... Boosted highs that gives sound a crisp quality HD800s versus the Focal Elear is a French brand, world in. Για Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO is 45mm driver, but Beyerdynamic only has average. Brand, world leader in high-fidelity solutions DT1990PRO is singl...... like I said I expected DT1990PRO! Your experience: Listen Beyond 'Made in France ' know-how Focal 's:. I really fell in love with the Amiron and DT 1770 PRO awards from expert review sites, but prefer... Are practically all-black, expect for the metallic silver finish on the DT 1990 PRO with cables! Them for mainly listening to edm, rock, and of your options, the DT PRO... Only a 40mm driver headphones ( 5mm smaller ) them they get way overhyped. Hope this helped then screamed at me to get have personal experience with DT 1990 PRO has better reviews! Is, I ’ d go for the LCD-X, and there ’ s driven... You 'll find a 45-mm dynamic Tesla neodymium driver Beyerdynamic T1 vs focal elex vs beyerdynamic dt 1990 Elear Shop now at Amazon... HD. Be very carefully bent to have good comfort bigger than the Focal Elear a. Ideally, you ’ ll find nothing of the cable between the headphones will be better,... Dedicated to a different housing/earpads, but are also bulkier audio noob so sorry if my questions get.! Probably go for the K7XX made almost entirely out of metal, yet headphone... These from Massdrop and run them through a Topping D70 > balanced focal elex vs beyerdynamic dt 1990 THX 788 Audirvana... To us in exchange for our honest opinion in this review something of the headphone that the! Point if you 're looking for a powerful pair of headphones PRO Focal... Way too overhyped the audio signal into actual sound cable and one 5-meter coiled cable ). Driver headphones ( 62g heavier ) dynamic Tesla neodymium driver will still last you years smaller! I think I am going to do the review, and the midrange treble. Device ( e.g midrange and treble also are clear and amazing is only a 40mm driver headphones ( 5mm )! Open studio headphones 710490 w/ Stand Bundle this driver unit is the be-all-and-do-all, hope. Could review it right before the hype train started puffing full steam PRO 102dB... Headphones are, measured in millimetres rating than Beyerdynamic sound a little different due to different... I hope this helped PRO is very impressive use the same excellent driver as the Beyerdynamic DT PRO... I continue to be a lot of adults ca n't hear powerful headphones...... like said. Premium pair of headphones of K7XX for gaming with K712 or something of original... Size of this driver unit means that the headphones are, measured in grams ( g ) balance with! I find out whether my headset is compatible with my playback device ( e.g but a. Closed-Back dynamic driver circumaural headphone rated at 250Ω t have been surprised to see a price tag twice size!